Textron Aviation delivers first passenger Cessna SkyCourier

A passenger variant Cessna SkyCourier in the hangar.
Photo Credit: Textron Aviation

Textron Aviation has announced the recent delivery of the first passenger unit of its twin-engine, large-utility turboprop, the Cessna SkyCourier.

The newly delivered aircraft will be operated by Western Aircraft Inc., doing business in Hawaii as Lāna’i Air. The operator offers luxury air service connecting Oahu to the island of Lāna’i.

“The Cessna SkyCourier is well on its way to becoming a legendary aircraft for our company,” said Lannie O’Bannion, senior vice president, Global Sales and Flight Operations, Textron Aviation.

“It’s highly versatile, with cabin flexibility, payload capability, performance and low operating costs, and has already proven to be popular around the world.”

Certification and deliveries of the SkyCourier commenced in early 2022. The aircraft is a clean-sheet, custom design that brings modern solutions and unmatched value proposition to the segment.

“We’re thankful for our talented team who brought the Cessna SkyCourier to life, and for customers like Lāna’i Air, who see the value in this incredible aircraft,” O’Bannion said.

Designed with serviceability at the forefront, the SkyCourier features simple systems and easy access points throughout the aircraft for easy maintenance.

The team also developed innovative ways to optionally convert the aircraft from a 19-seat passenger configuration to cargo configuration using patent-pending quick release seats and removable bulkheads.

About the Cessna SkyCourier


The Cessna SkyCourier twin-engine, high-wing turboprop offers a combination of performance and lower operating costs for air freight, commuter and special mission operators. It is available in both freighter and passenger versions.

The 19-passenger variant includes crew and passenger doors for smooth boarding, as well as large cabin windows for natural light and views. Both configurations offer single-point pressure refueling to enable faster turnarounds.

The freighter variant features a large door and a flat floor cabin that is sized to handle up to three LD3 shipping containers with an impressive 6,000 pounds of payload capability.

The Cessna Skycourier parked at dusk.
Photo Credit: Textron

The aircraft is powered by two wing-mounted Pratt & Whitney PT6A-65SC turboprop engines and features the McCauley Propeller C779, a heavy-duty and reliable 110-inch aluminum four-blade propeller.

The propeller is full feathering with reversible pitch, designed to enhance the performance of the aircraft while hauling tremendous loads.

The SkyCourier is operated with Garmin G1000 NXi avionics and has a maximum cruise speed of more than 200 ktas. The SkyCourier has a 900 nautical-mile maximum range.

About Lāna’i


Lanai is the sixth-largest of the Hawaiian Islands and the smallest publicly accessible inhabited island in the chain.

It is colloquially known as the Pineapple Island because of its past as an island-wide pineapple plantation. The island’s only settlement of note is the small town of Lanai City.

As of 2012, the island was 98% owned by Larry Ellison, co-founder and chairman of Oracle Corporation; the remaining 2% is owned by the state of Hawaii or is privately owned homes.

Lanai is a popular tourist destination, known for its beautiful beaches, lush rainforests, and stunning scenery. The island offers a variety of activities for visitors, including swimming, snorkeling, diving, hiking, golfing, and horseback riding

TAGGED:
Len Varley - Assistant Editor 4 Min Read
4 Min Read
You Might Also Enjoy