TARMAC Aerosave, Airbus & Chengdu: Joint Venture

Photo Credit: TARMAC Aerosave

On April 27, it has been announced by TARMAC Aerosave, Airbus, and the City of Chengdu are starting a new joint venture.

This article will cover the details surrounding the new joint venture announcement between the three parties bringing Airbus Lifecycle Services to the Chinese city.

TARMAC Aerosave, Airbus & City of Chengdu: Airbus Lifecycle Services


As part of a huge ramp-up in services in the Chinese aviation sector in the wake of the Covid pandemic, TARMAC Aerosave, Airbus, and the City of Chengdu have signed a new joint venture to open the first aircraft lifecycle services centre in China.

More specifically, this joint venture will use Airbus’ Lifecycle Services product where the new facility in Chengdu will have the capabilities for aircraft storage, maintenance, dismantling, and recycling services.

This facility will be able to provide a multitude of capabilities across the vast majority of the Airbus family.

This latest joint venture follows a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) that was signed back in January 2022, finally firming up the plans for this new facility in Chengdu.

The new facility is expected to be operational by the end of 2023, covering a total surface area of 717,000 square meters, with the capacity to store up to 125 aircraft. It is expected that 75% of the aircraft that will be stored at the facility will be transitioned into a second lifecycle, with the remaining 25% of aircraft being dismantled for reuse and recycling.

TARMAC Aerosave is responsible for providing technical expertise to ensure the smooth running of the new facility, as well as recruiting the production, quality and HSE (Health Safety Environment) teams.

Executive Comments


Commenting on this latest joint venture announcement, Airbus’ Senior Vice President of Customer Services, Cristina Aguilar, says, “This new centre in Chengdu fits perfectly into Airbus’ approach to environmental responsibility across the entire aircraft lifecycle. Aircraft storage, maintenance, upgrades and dismantling will all take place under one roof.”

“We are very pleased to be working with our strong and experienced partners TARMAC Aerosave and the City of Chengdu to develop the first lifecycle services centre of this kind in China and its range of services.”

President of TARMAC Aerosave, Alexandre Brun, also adds, “TARMAC Aerosave is the only one-stop-shop in the world that manages the entire life cycle of the aircraft, thanks to a unique dismantling process. We are therefore particularly proud to bring this exclusivity to the Chengdu centre through Airbus Lifecycle Services.”

“We have imagined and designed it together in line with our modern and sustainable processes. We would like to thank Airbus, our historical shareholder, and Chengdu for their trust.”

TAGGED:

PSO funding secures London route from City of Derry Airport

A funding injection of over £1 million has ensured the air route between London Heathrow and City of Derry Airport

Len Varley By Len Varley

UK government launches night flight consultation process

Industry and local communities will have a say on night flying at Heathrow, Stansted and Gatwick airports under a newly

Len Varley By Len Varley

Heathrow Airport: 2023 sees a return to profit

Heathrow Airport capped off a year of resurgence and rebound in 2023, showing the first adjusted profit in four years.

Len Varley By Len Varley

Dubai International Airport: 2023 record traffic exceeds expectations

2023 saw traffic exceed expectations for Dubai International Airport, with passenger footfall increasing 37% to 87 million.

Len Varley By Len Varley
You Might Also Enjoy