Bullet found on Korean Air bound for Manila

Photo Credit: Kentaro Iemoto from Tokyo, Japan, CC BY-SA 2.0 , via Wikimedia Commons

On the morning of March 10, a bullet was found on a Korean Air flight that was bound for Manila in the Philippines.

This article will cover the details surrounding the incident where a bullet was found on the Korean Air flight.

A bullet was found on Korean Air…

Photo Credit: lasta29, CC BY 2.0 https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0, via Wikimedia Commons

According to reports from the Yonhap News Agency, on the morning of March 10, Korean Air flight KE621 bound for Manila in the Philippines from Seoul had to return to the gate following a passenger discovering a bullet under their seat.

Korean Air flight KE621 was scheduled to depart Seoul’s Incheon International Airport (ICN) at 07:45 am bound for Manila Ninoy Aquino International Airport (MNL) being operated by one of the carriers’ Airbus A330-300s registered as HL7702, a 21-year-old airframe at the time of writing this article.

The flight was expected to depart as scheduled on time, however, following the discovery of a bullet under a passenger’s seat, the aircraft had to return to the gate, where the Police then carried out a search.

Prior to the Police carrying out their search, the aircraft was evacuated, whereby 218 passengers and 12 crew members had to disembark the aircraft.

Police officials said in a statement that antiterrorist and military explosive disposal teams carried out a full search of the interior of the aircraft. The Police plan to investigate as to how the bullet ended up on the aircraft.

Finally Heading to Manila…

Data Credit: RadarBox

According to the above data from RadarBox, the aircraft was re-boarded with all passengers and crew, which then departed over three hours late at 11:05 am to Manila. The Korean Air flight successfully landed in Manila at 14:31 pm local time.

It will be interesting to see the outcome of the Police investigation as to how the bullet ended up on the aircraft, as well as ensure that no such incident can occur again.

The airline is still yet to make any official statement regarding this incident.

By Jamie Clarke 3 Min Read
3 Min Read
You Might Also Enjoy