Virgin Atlantic received its 10th Airbus A350-1000 earlier this week, registered as G-VBOB and nicknamed Soul Rebel.
G-VBOB commenced its delivery flight on the 24th of May 2023 at 1612 local time when it departed from Toulouse.
The aircraft subsequently landed at 1637 local time, offering a flight time of one hour and 24 minutes in total.
Manchester Will Receive Virgin Atlantic’s 10th Airbus A350-1000…
It is understood that G-VBOB’s first flight for Virgin Atlantic will be from Manchester and will operate services to Orlando, as confirmed by the airline on social media:
“Travel wide, Soul Rebel. We’re starting our long weekend off right by welcoming our latest and final fleet addition for 2023, an @airbus A350, G-VBOB. Our newest plane will make its first trip serving from @manairport to @MCO soon!” they said on Twitter.
At this stage, it is unclear when the aircraft will position over to Manchester for the start of these flights, but we can expect it to occur very soon.
Virgin’s Airbus A350-1000s typically sit around 335 passengers in a three-class configuration.
The 10 A350-1000s in the Fleet…
As per Planespotters.net, below is the list of the airline’s Airbus A350-1000s so far:
- G-VLUX – Red Velvet – Delivered August 2019.
- G-VPOP – Mamma Mia – Delivered August 2019.
- G-VPRD – Rain Bow – Delivered September 2019.
- G-VJAM – Queen of Hearts – Delivered September 2019.
- G-VDOT – Ruby Slipper – Delivered September 2020.
- G-VRNB – Purple Rain – Delivered September 2020.
- G-VTEA – Rosie Lee – Delivered November 2020.
- G-VEVE – Fearless Lady – Delivered December 2021.
- G-VLIB – Lady Emmeline – Delivered April 2022.
- G-VBOB – Soul Rebel – Delivered May 2023.
It remains clear that looking into the future, the Airbus A350-1000 is going to become a big part of Virgin Atlantic’s operations. Could they order more in the future? Let us know on social media!