United Airlines has this week announced plans to introduce direct flights to Tulum, and has outlined it’s expansion into the Caribbean for the Winter.
The carrier is expected to hit the ground running with these flights to the new destination, with all eyes on how this will perform.
Without further ado, let’s get into it…
The New Tulum Flights with United Airlines…
- New York Newark
Commenting on this was Patrick Quayle, the airline’s Senior VP of Network Planning and Alliances:
“Tulum is at the top of a lot of travel lists – great beaches and restaurants, and a region featuring a rich history and spectacular natural beauty”.
“Our new direct flights help people get there faster than ever, giving them even more time to enjoy one of Mexico’s most unique destinations.”
What About The Caribbean?
Away from Tulum, United Airlines is planning to up gauge a lot of flights into Latin America and the Caribbean over the winter.
On services from Chicago, Denver & Houston to Cancun, this flight will be serviced using their Boeing 777 aircraft.
From eight of their bases, the carrier will offer more than 200 weekly flights to the region, with services to Cozumel operating up to 11 times per week.
Below is an overview of the carrier’s plans for the Americas and the Caribbean, with Tulum obviously not in that list yet:
- New routes between Denver and San Juan, Puerto Rico, and Denver and Montego Bay, Jamaica
- Three daily flights between Newark/New York and Santiago, Dominican Republic and Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
- Two daily flights between Newark/New York and Oranjestad, Aruba; Montego Bay, Jamaica; and Nassau, Bahamas
- Two daily flights between Washington/Dulles and Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
- Daily flights between Chicago/O’Hare and Nassau, Bahamas
- Daily flights between Newark/New York and Georgetown, Cayman Islands and Puerto Plato, Dominican Republic
- Three weekly flights between Newark/New York and Bonaire
- Three daily flights between Houston and San Jose, Costa Rica and San Salvador, El Salvador
- Two daily flights between Houston and Belize City, Belize
- Daily flights between Denver and Liberia, Costa Rica
- Daily flights between Los Angeles and Guatemala City, Guatemala and San Salvador, El Salvador
- Daily flights between Newark/New York and Liberia, Costa Rica
- Four daily flights between Chicago and Cancun, Mexico
- Three daily flights between Houston and Leon/Guanajuato, Mexico
- Two daily flights between Denver and Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
- Two daily flights between San Francisco and Puerto Vallarta, Mexico and San Jose del Cabo, Mexico
- Daily flights between Cleveland and Cancun, Mexico for the peak Christmas and New Years holiday period; 6x weekly flights in March
All eyes will be on United Airlines to see how the new route to Tulum performs next year, as well as how their Winter season in the Americas performs.
Did you know AviationSource has two newsletters? One covers the general news and analysis of the industry as a whole, and the other to do with emergencies that take place throughout the year! To subscribe to our General News Newsletter, CLICK HERE! To subscribe to our Emergencies, Accidents & Incidents Newsletter, CLICK HERE!
Click the photo to join our WhatsApp channel so then you can stay up to date with everything going on in the aviation industry!