UK charter airline Titan Airways has commenced flight operations on behalf of Jet2.com. Under the damp lease agreement, the charter service operator will be providing the short haul carrier Jet2 with two Airbus A321-211 aircraft.
The lease arrangement also includes the provision of flight crew and will cover the peak summer demand from today until the start of November.
The deal also covers the provision of two aircraft for the same period for summer 2024.
Charter airline operations
Titan Airways is a UK-based charter airline that has been in operation since 1988. The airline provides a range of ACMI lease and ad-hoc charter services for a variety of clients, including tour operators, sports teams, government agencies, and corporations.
The airline is headquartered at London Stansted Airport and operates a mixed fleet of Boeing and Airbus aircraft.
The carrier’s diverse fleet of commercial aircraft includes Boeing 757-200s, and Airbus A320 and A321 aircraft, including 2 A321neoLRs. The largest Airbus aircraft operated is in an A330.
The airline has a reputation for providing reliable and flexible services, which has helped it establish a loyal customer base over the years.
The airline’s charter services are tailored to meet the specific needs of each client, and the airline’s team of experienced professionals work closely with clients to ensure that every aspect of their charter is planned and executed to the highest standards.
In addition to its charter services, Titan Airways also provides aircraft leasing and maintenance services to other airlines and aviation companies.
The airline has a strong commitment to safety and quality, and its maintenance facilities are equipped with the latest technology and staffed by highly trained technicians.
Titan Airways is also committed to operating in an environmentally responsible manner. The airline has implemented a number of initiatives to reduce its carbon footprint, including the use of biofuels and the adoption of fuel-efficient flight procedures.
The airline has also implemented a recycling program to reduce waste and promote sustainability.
Titan Airways has provided charter services to a wide range of clients over the years. Here are a few examples:
- Tour operators – Titan Airways has provided charter services to tour operators such as TUI and Jet2holidays, which specialize in package holidays to destinations around the world.
- Sports teams – The airline has transported sports teams such as Arsenal FC, Chelsea FC, and the England rugby team to their respective games and tournaments around Europe.
- Government agencies – Titan Airways has also provided charter services to various government agencies, including the UK Ministry of Defense, which uses the airline to transport troops and equipment to military bases around the world.
- Corporations – The airline has provided charter services to corporations such as Amazon, which uses the airline to transport goods and personnel to various locations across Europe.
- Music industry – The airline has also provided charter services to the music industry, transporting artists such as Madonna, Ed Sheeran, and Beyoncé to their concerts and tours.
As well as Jet2 support services, Titan recently provided a wet lease of wet lease of a mix of Airbus A320 and Airbus A321neo aircraft to national flag carrier British Airways for short-haul operations from London Heathrow.