Leading leisure airline Jet2 and Jet2holidays have released details of their proposed expansion for Summer 2024.
This expansion includes additional flights and holiday options to 24 sought-after destinations across Mainland Spain, the Canaries, the Balearics, Portugal, Turkey, Croatia, and Greece.
Jet2 – Riding the Waves of Demand
Responding to the surge in holidaymakers eager to bask in the late summer sun, Jet2.com and Jet2holidays are unleashing an extra 70,000 seats for Summer 2024.
This expansion spans destinations like Lanzarote, Dubrovnik, Fuerteventura, Crete, Ibiza, Kalamata, and more.
For those eyeing a later escape in the summer season, the new flights are strategically scheduled between late September and early November 2024.
This move is a testament to Jet2.com and Jet2holidays’ commitment to providing diverse choices for late summer wanderlust.
Eight UK Airports
Jet2.com basically ensures that accessibility is key. The additional capacity will be available from eight major UK airports, including Belfast International, Birmingham, East Midlands, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Leeds Bradford, Manchester, and Newcastle International Airports.
Here’s a sneak peek at the additional flights and holidays from each base:
Belfast International Airport
- Additional services added to Ibiza in October.
- Extra flights to Tenerife, Reus, and Lanzarote in October and November.
- Extra capacity to Palma (Majorca) in September.
- Additional flights to Menorca and Kalamata in September and October.
- Expanded services to Dubrovnik, Ibiza, and Crete (Heraklion) in October.
- More options to Antalya in October and November.
- Additional flights to Rhodes in September, October, and November.
East Midlands Airport
- Additional services added to seven destinations in September and October.
- Destinations include Reus, Fuerteventura, Lanzarote, Zante, Menorca, Palma (Majorca), and Tenerife.
- Expansion to ten destinations, with extra services in October and November.
- Destinations include Corfu, Dubrovnik, Dalaman, Kos, Palma (Majorca), Rhodes, Malaga, Faro (Algarve), Alicante, and Bodrum.
- Additional services to numerous destinations in October and November.
- Destinations include Menorca, Palma (Majorca), Reus, Tenerife, Izmir, Alicante, Bodrum, Dalaman, Crete (Heraklion), Ibiza, Rhodes, Zante, Malaga, and Faro (Algarve).
Leeds Bradford Airport
- Expanded Summer 2024 program to five destinations in October and November.
- Additional capacity to Ibiza and Zante, along with flights to Reus, Tenerife, and Girona.
- Extra capacity added to nine destinations in October and November.
- Destinations include Halkidiki, Costa de Almeria, Lanzarote, Fuerteventura, Ibiza, Kalamata, Reus, Zante, and Gran Canaria.
Newcastle International Airport
- Additional services to six destinations in September and October.
- Destinations include Ibiza, Reus, Palma (Majorca), Zante, Menorca, and Fuerteventura.
Steve Heapy, the CEO of Jet2.com and Jet2holidays, shares his enthusiasm, stating, “We are seeing strong and sustained demand for Summer 2024 across the board, with the late summer season proving very popular.”
“As the UK’s largest tour operator, we have reacted quickly to that demand by adding extra capacity from September through to November for Summer 2024.”
“With even more choice and flexibility to 24 sun destinations, we are giving holidaymakers plenty of opportunity to get away on our award-winning flights and holidays.”
“By adding additional services to a host of destinations for the late summer season, we are giving customers exactly what they want, and we know just how much they will be jumping at the chance to get away and enjoy a last slice of summer sun.”
Did you know AviationSource has two newsletters? One covers the general news and analysis of the industry as a whole, and the other to do with emergencies that take place throughout the year! To subscribe to our General News Newsletter, CLICK HERE! To subscribe to our Emergencies, Accidents & Incidents Newsletter, CLICK HERE!
Click the photo to join our WhatsApp channel so then you can stay up to date with everything going on in the aviation industry!