Jet2.com have announced that they will be adding additional capacity from the UK to Rome for Rugby’s 2024 Six Nations.
This article will cover the details surrounding Jet2’s additional capacity offering that will cover the 2024 Rugby Six Nations.
All Roads Lead to Rome
The airline announced the increase soon after the publication of Rugby Union’s 2024 Six Nations fixtures. Jet2.com will add 16 extra flights for the Scotland and England fixtures in the Eternal City of Rome.
Rugby Fans, or city breakers, will have the option of choosing from six airports in the UK: Birmingham, Leeds Bradford, Manchester, Newcastle, London Stansted and Glasgow.
The focus fixtures are:
- Italy v England on Saturday 3rd February 2024
- Italy v Scotland on Saturday 9th March 2024
Steve Heapy, CEO of Jet2.com and Jet2holidays, said: “Our flights to Rome for this year’s Six Nations are proving to be incredibly popular…. we have already seen strong demand, so we have acted fast to provide customers and independent travel agents with even more choice.”
Jet2’s Grand Slam
The additional flying programme is published as follows:
Italy v England – Saturday 03 February 2024
- Birmingham – 4 additional flights daily between Thursday 01 to Monday 05 February.
- Leeds Bradford – 2 additional flights on Friday 02 and Monday 05 February.
- Manchester – 2 additional flights on Friday 02 and Monday 05 February.
- Newcastle – 2 additional flights on Friday 02 and Monday 05 February.
- London Stansted – 4 additional flights daily between Thursday 01 to Monday 05 February.
Italy v Scotland – Saturday 09 March 2024
- Glasgow – 2 additional flights on Friday 08 and Monday 11 February.
The announced flights add to existing services to Rome from Birmingham, Manchester and Glasgow, further increasing travel choices.
Jet2.com will offer flight-only tickets. However, there is also the chance to purchase a city break package holiday through Jet2.com’s sister company, Jet2CityBreaks. This may provide travellers with an alternative choice to enjoy the Rugby fixture and Rome’s cultural offerings during a weekend break.
Heapy added: “Whether it’s a flight with Jet2.com or a city break with Jet2CityBreaks, we have a superb programme on sale to Rome for the 2024 Six Nations and we expect seats to sell very quickly.”