Avianca Airlines is revamping its fare structure to offer enhanced simplicity, flexibility, and convenience across its routes in the Americas and Europe.
Commencing from 1 February will commercialize four fare tiers, both for flights in the Americas and Europe.
This ticketing move aims to cater to diverse traveler preferences while ensuring competitive pricing.
Simplifying Choices for Travelers
Avianca’s Chief Commercial Officer, Manuel Ambriz, emphasizes the airline’s dedication to providing an inclusive flying experience.
With the introduction of four distinct fare categories—tailored for both economy and business class travelers—customers now have greater control over their journey preferences.
Economy Class Options within the Americas
- Basic Fare: Ideal for minimalist travelers, the basic fare includes a personal item and convenient web or app check-in.
- Classic Fare: Offering enhanced benefits, the classic fare encompasses a personal item, a carry-on bag (up to 10kg), a checked baggage allowance (up to 23kg), seat selection options, and mileage accrual through Avianca’s LifeMiles program.
- Flex Fare: Designed for maximum flexibility, the flex fare comprises amenities such as personal items, a carry-on bag, checked baggage, seat selection preferences, change and refund capabilities prior to the flight, and LifeMiles accrual.
Business Class Luxury
For those seeking premium comfort and services, Avianca presents the Business Class Fare.
This comprehensive package includes perks like priority boarding, access to Avianca lounges, a generous checked baggage allowance, dedicated business class seating, and personalized assistance throughout the journey.
Options for European and Brazilian Routes
Traveling to and from Europe, along with routes originating in Brazil, presents similar fare choices:
- Light Fare: Offering essential amenities including a personal item, a carry-on bag, and hassle-free web or app check-in.
- Classic, Flex, and Business Fares: Mirroring the attributes of their American counterparts, these fares provide a seamless experience for travelers heading to Europe or departing from Brazil.
Elevated Experience for European Travel
In addition to fare enhancements, Avianca is elevating the travel experience on European routes. Passengers can indulge in a revamped business class experience featuring a gourmet menu curated by the renowned El Chato restaurant owner.
Complementing this culinary journey are exclusive amenity kits showcasing products from the esteemed Loto del Sur brand and intricately designed Mola Sasa cases, crafted in collaboration with the Gunadule indigenous community.
Avianca remains committed to personalized service, offering over 16 complementary products across all fare categories.
From lounge access and business class upgrades to priority boarding and tailored travel assistance, the airline ensures every passenger enjoys a seamless and memorable journey.
About Avianca Group
AVIANCA includes Avianca, LifeMiles and Avianca Cargo. In passenger transportation, Avianca, with more than 103 years of continuous operation since 1919, is the leading airline in Colombia, Ecuador, Central America.
The carrier is one of the largest air operations in Latin America with 144 routes, 4,200 weekly flights and a fleet of 128 Airbus 320 and Boeing 787 Dreamliner aircraft, connecting to around 71 destinations in 24 countries in the Americas and Europe.
In 2022, Avianca carried 24.6 million passengers with the operation of more than 187,000 flights. Its loyalty program, LifeMiles, is one of the largest in Latin America with more than 12.4 million members and 500 allied brands.
In cargo transportation, Avianca Cargo is a leader in the region and is the main operator in different markets in the Americas.
It serves more than 50 destinations with a fleet of Airbus 330 freighters, in addition to operating bellies in passenger aircraft.
In 2022, Avianca Cargo transported more than 450,000 tons of cargo. Avianca today has a team of more than 12,000 people committed to providing safe, convenient, affordable and friendly service to its customers.
Did you know AviationSource has two newsletters? One covers the general news and analysis of the industry as a whole, and the other to do with emergencies that take place throughout the year! To subscribe to our General News Newsletter, CLICK HERE!
To subscribe to our Emergencies, Accidents & Incidents Newsletter, CLICK HERE!
Click the photo to join our WhatsApp channel so then you can stay up to date with everything going on in the aviation industry!