Avelo has welcomed its one-millionth passenger out of Tweed-New Haven Airport in Connecticut.
This comes 16 months after the carrier launched operations out of the airport, with this milestone hugely celebrated by the airline.
Without further ado, let’s get into it…
Avelo CEO: Celebration of Low Fare Appeal in Connecticut…
Commenting on this milestone was Andrew Levy, the Chairman and CEO of Avelo, who went into detail about the story out of the Connecticut-based airport:
“Since arriving at Tweed 16 months ago, Avelo has introduced Connecticut travelers to a new era of affordability, convenience, and reliability.”
“Today’s milestone demonstrates the appeal our low fares, nonstop access to 15 popular destinations, and friendly service are having with travelers throughout the region.”
“It is also clear the travel-friendly experience Tweed offers has played an equally important role in inspiring so many people to fly with us.”
“I am grateful to every Avelo Customer who has chosen Avelo.”
“I’m also very appreciative of our Avelo Crewmembers who deliver the smooth and caring travel experience that inspires our Customers to keep flying us. Thanks a million!”
Also commenting was U.S Senator Richard Blumenthal:
“This major milestone reflects rising demand for affordable, high-quality flights. People evidently know a good thing when they see it.”
“One million customers are an incredible boost for the local economy with the creation of hundreds of jobs and more support for local businesses.”
“This is just the beginning, and I will keep fighting with my colleagues for more federal investments to improve our air travel infrastructure and support our local airports.”
Highlights for the Airline Since Its Operational Launch…
Since the launch from Tweed-New Haven in Connecticut, Avelo listed the following highlights in the run-up to one million passengers handled:
- Avelo has flown one million Customers at HVN.
- Avelo has operated more than 7,500 flights at HVN.
- Avelo has delivered industry-leading reliability, including on-time, baggage handling, and completion factor performance – making HVN the most travel-friendly airport in the CT and NY Metro region.
- Avelo has hired nearly 200 HVN-based Crewmembers and has contributed to more than 500 direct and indirect airport-related jobs.
- Avelo has made more than $100 million in capital, employment, and community investments in its Connecticut presence, including six Boeing Next-Generation 737 aircraft operating at HVN, airport facilities, and ground support equipment, as well as local and state tax revenue (from income, fuel, etc.).
- Avelo has supported more than 150 local and state community organizations and events across Connecticut.
It remains clear that the airline’s presence in Connecticut has been a vital boost for the local economies, as well as providing additional connectivity across the United States.
Handling one million passengers in 16 months is a quick turnaround, which shows the success of the base out of Tweed-New Haven.
All eyes will now be on the carrier to see how much of this success they can capitalize on ahead of the upcoming Summer 2023 season.