Canadian flag carrier Air Canada was recognized with a Five Star Global Airline Award at the Airline Passenger Experience Association (APEX) 2024 Awards Ceremony held this week in Long Beach, California.
It marks the fifth time in six years that the airline has been awarded an APEX Five Star rating, which is based on customer feedback.
APEX Five Star Rating
The APEX Five Star Global Airline Award is a pinnacle achievement in the aviation industry, signifying excellence in various aspects of passenger experience.
Unlike other accolades, this recognition is not determined by a panel of experts but is rooted in the candid feedback of passengers. This impartial evaluation ensures that the award truly reflects the sentiments of those who travel with Air Canada.
Mark Nasr, the Executive Vice President of Marketing & Digital and President of Aeroplan at Air Canada, expressed his gratitude on behalf of the airline’s more than 36,000 employees.
He emphasized how this award is a testament to the airline’s ongoing investments in its digital infrastructure, airport lounges, and in-flight products and services.
These enhancements have resulted in an elevated level of comfort and convenience for passengers as they embark on journeys to connect with loved ones, explore new cultures, or engage in business ventures both within Canada and across the global network.
The APEX Airline Awards
The APEX Five Star and Four Star Airline Awards, formerly known as APEX Official Airline Ratings™, have gained prominence as a reliable benchmark in the aviation industry.
These awards are not based on industry opinions or internal evaluations but rely on neutral, third-party passenger feedback and insights. The partnership with TripIt® from Concur®, the world’s highest-rated travel-organizing app, ensures a robust and comprehensive assessment.
Airline Award Summary
This week’s 2024 APEX Five Star Award is the latest in a series of awards received by Air Canada this year. The list of the national flag carrier’s achievements for the year to date include:
- Best Airline in Canada from Skytrax World Airline Awards
- Best Airline Staff in Canada from Skytrax World Airline Awards
- Best Low-Cost Airline in Canada (Air Canada Rouge) from Skytrax World Airline Awards
- Favorite Airline in North America (Fifth Consecutive Year) from the Trazee Awards
- Best Airline for Onboard Entertainment for the fifth consecutive year from Global Traveler
- Passenger Choice Award for Best Entertainment in North America from the Airline Passenger Experience Association (APEX)
- Airline Program of the Year, Best Promotion and Best Redemption Ability for Air Canada’s Aeroplan loyalty program from the Freddie Awards
Did you know AviationSource has two newsletters? One covers the general news and analysis of the industry as a whole, and the other to do with emergencies that take place throughout the year! To subscribe to our General News Newsletter, CLICK HERE! To subscribe to our Emergencies, Accidents & Incidents Newsletter, CLICK HERE!