LONDON – Spanish carrier Vueling has today announced plans to operate flights between Paris Orly and Shannon Airport, bolstering their network in Ireland.
Effective from September 12, the service will commence on a twice-weekly basis on Mondays and Fridays.
This highlights, through the table you will see below, Vueling’s increased presence in the country:
Commenting on the news was Carolyn Prowse, Vueling’s Chief Commercial, Strategy, Customer & Network Officer:
“Vueling has scheduled a total of 114 destinations in 31 countries until 29 October 2022, reaching a very similar level of operations to 2019.”
“We are very excited to see a progressive development of business this year and to keep expanding the airline’s offering across Europe.”
“The new direct route between Shannon and Paris Orly airports reinforces Vueling’s interest in providing a more flexible and varied offer to travelers based in Ireland.”
Continued Route Expansion…
The continued route expansion is resulting in the airline offering a grand total of 331 routes for sale, of which 225 is international.
Vueling has done well during the COVID-19 pandemic to maintain a stable level of recovery since 2021, operating a minimum of 106 routes.
Within Ireland, the new Shannon route means that there will be a total of 19 weekly flights departing from Ireland under the guise of Vueling.
Earlier this month, the airline announced that it will be launching two new scheduled services from London Gatwick.
The two new routes that the carrier has announced will connect London’s Gatwick Airport (LGW) to Genoa and Jerez (Cádiz). Both of these routes are scheduled to commence in early July.
London Gatwick to Jerez (Cádiz) in southern Spain will be the first of both routes to start on July 1 and will be operated on a twice-weekly basis to Jerez Airport (XRY).
London Gatwick to Genoa on the north-western coast of Italy to the Tyrrhenian Sea will start on July 3 and will be operated on a three times per week basis to Genoa City Airport (GOA), also known as Christopher Columbus Airport.
The launch of these two new services, it will bring Vueling’s overall destination offering from London Gatwick to a total of 16 as part of their summer 2022 schedule.
Their other 14 destinations are –
- Malaga in Spain operated 14 times per week.
- Barcelona in Spain operated 55 times per week.
- Bilbao in Spain operated 22 times per week.
- Granada in Spain operated three times per week.
- A Coruña in Spain operated four times per week.
- Almeria in Spain operated three times per week.
- Menorca in Spain operated four times per week.
- Asturias in Spain operated six times per week.
- Santiago de Compostela in Spain operated seven times per week.
- Sevilla in Spain operated four times per week.
- Valencia in Spain operated seven times per week.
- Rome in Italy operated 23 times per week.
- Florence in Italy operated 15 times per week.
- Paris Orly in France operated 17 times per week.
Not only is Vueling expanding operations, but we are also seeing expansions from UK home carriers such as Jet2 and easyJet, who have all seen a huge spike in demand on bookings from UK travelers, be it for leisure or business purposes.