LONDON – With the ever-developing war between Ukraine and Russia, the Ukrainian flag carrier airline, Ukraine International Airlines (UIA) has announced that it has extended its suspension of both scheduled and charter services both to and from Ukraine until April 15, 23:59pm Kyiv time.
UIA has emphasized that they will continue to stay in touch with both the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine and the Ministry of Infrastructure of Ukraine with the ever-changing situation.
In line with this release, UIA has advised that all Ukrainian citizens that are registered on the state website of State Registration of Ukrainian Citizens who are within Ukraine currently will be provided updated information of flights to the specified points and the points of arrival in Ukraine.
The airline has also said that it will, if possible, provide updated information about the future status of UIA flights via the official UIA website.
UIA has also advised that any passenger that has had their flight canceled will be able to take advantage of the following six opportunities, however, these opportunities will be subject to the conditions of the current martial law that is in effect:
- Tickets reissue of flights that were cancelled from February 24 to new dates after the stabilization of the situation.
- Cancellation of the booking so that the ticket remains active for reissuance to new dates, which can be specified later, during the validity of the ticket (one year from the date of purchase).
- Promo code for the full amount of the ticket plus a 25% bonus.
- Refund of the ticket price. Please note that it is not possible to specify the exact terms of the refund.
- Passengers who applied for a promo code in March-April 2020 will automatically have their promo code extended for another year after April 15 (respectively, until March-April 2023).
- Passengers who would like to receive a refund of the cost of the promo code will be given this opportunity, however, it is not possible to specify the exact refund dates.
In all, it seems UIA is trying to do as much as possible for its consumers whilst in this negative situation.