LONDON – In Winter 2022/23, German carrier Condor will operate services between Frankfurt and Johannesburg, joining the 20 other long-haul destinations already announced.
It is understood the airline will operate the following timetable, according to Simple Flying:
- Frankfurt to Johannesburg: DE2088, Mondays, 21:55-09:55+1 (the next day)
- Frankfurt to Johannesburg: DE2088, Fridays, 20:25-08:25+1
- Johannesburg to Frankfurt: DE2089, Tuesdays and Saturdays, 19:15-05:25+1
The aircraft in use will be the Boeing 767-300ER, sitting 18 or 30 seats in business, 35 in premium economy, and between 245-258 seats in Economy, based on the different seat mappings.
It is understood that this aircraft will be replaced in the future to make way for the 16 Airbus A330-900neos it has on order.
As an overall list, the airline’s winter schedule, effective November 1st, will look like this:
- Cape Town, South Africa – Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday
- Cancún, Mexico – Daily
- Grenada – Sunday
- Havana, Cuba – Monday, Thursday
- Holguin, Cuba – Wednesday, Sunday
- New York (JFK), USA – Monday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday
- Johannesburg, South Africa – Monday, Friday
- Los Angeles, USA – Tuesday, Thursday, Sunday
- Mombasa, Kenya – Friday, Sunday
- Montego Bay, Jamaica – Wednesday, Sunday
- Male, Maldives – Monday, Wednesday, Saturday
- Mauritius – Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, Sunday
- Puerto Plata, Dom. Republic – Wednesday, Sunday
- Punta Cana, Dom. Republic – Daily
- Santo Domingo, Dom. Republic – Wednesday, Sunday
- Seattle, USA – Monday, Thursday, Saturday
- Seychelles – Friday
- Tobago – Sunday
- Varadero, Cuba – Tuesday, Friday, Saturday
- Toronto, Canada – Wednesday, Sunday
- Zanzibar, Tanzania – Friday, Sunday
Condor is offering quite a substantial route network for the Winter season as it aims to bolster up such services in the wake of higher demand post-pandemic.
It will be interesting to see how this new route to Johannesburg will fare and whether it will have the same level of success as its other destinations.