LONDON – This week has seen Eurowings announce a major expansion program out of Graz Airport in Austria.
For the Summer 2023 season, 12 holiday and city destinations will be part of the program, with Graz to become a new base for Eurowings.
From the table above, you can see the list of destinations that Eurowings will offer to customers from Graz, which will amount to around 38 flights per week to multiple destinations around Europe.
Commenting on this major expansion was Eurowings CEO Jens Bischof, who said the following:
“We are delighted to be offering a wide program of attractive destinations from Graz next summer, which are at the top of many holidaymakers’ wish lists”.
“At the same time, we are connecting Styria more strongly than before with the most important German metropolitan areas.”
“Holidaymakers and business travelers alike benefit from our value concept, which addresses the core needs of today’s air travelers with flexibility, comfort, and sustainability.”
“Our expansion is also a strong commitment to Graz and the entire region.”
Also commenting on the news were Wolfgang Grimus & Jurgen Loschnig, the Managing Directors of Graz Airport:
“Hamburg and Berlin represent a great enhancement of our flight schedule, which will also benefit Styria as a tourism and business location”.
“The intensive economic relations between Germany and Styria form the basis for a corresponding volume of business travel to/from Berlin and Hamburg.”
“At the same time, we expect strong impulses in city travel, both in incoming and outgoing tourism. With this broad flight program, Eurowings will become one of our strongest partners.”
Significant Expansion Ahead…
As well as opening its 11th base in Graz, Eurowings is also bolstering up operations in a base they already operate: Berlin.
On November 21, the German LCC (low-cost carrier), Eurowings, announced that from the end of March 2023, they will be substantially expanding their Berlin operations.
The carrier will be significantly expanding its Berlin scheduled operations for the Summer 2023 season and will be offering nearly 30 destinations from the German capital, which is double what the carrier was offering during the Summer 2022 season.
The following list is all the destinations that have so far been planned for the Summer 2023 season for Eurowings at Berlin.
However, it is worth noting that there are more destinations still being planned into their program, so this list will still grow.
- Northern Europe
- Denmark – Copenhagen Airport (CPH). This is a new service.
- Finland – Helsinki Vantaa Airport (HEL). This is a new service.
- Sweden – Gothenburg Landvetter Airport (GOT). This is a new service.
- Central Europe
- Germany – Dusseldorf International Airport (DUS), Cologne Bonn Airport (CGN) & Stuttgart Airport (STR). All were previously operated.
- Austria – Salzburg Airport (SZG). Previously operated.
- Southern Europe
- Croatia – Dubrovnik Airport (DBV), Rijeka Airport (RJK), Split Airport (SPU) & Zadar Airport (ZAD). All were previously operated.
- Cyprus – Larnaca International Airport (LCA). This is a new service.
- Greece – Heraklion International Airport (HER) & Rhodes International Airport (RHO). Rhodes is a new service.
- Spain – Alicante Airport (ALC), Malaga Costa Del Sol Airport (AGP), Palma de Mallorca Airport (PMI). Alicante and Malaga are both new services.
- Turkey – Antalya Airport (AYT). This is a new service.
- Family & Home-Country
- Lebanon – Beirut Rafic Hariri International Airport (BEY). Previously operated.
It remains clear that Eurowings is most definitely bolstering its low-cost network across Europe and could provide some fierce competition going into the Summer season.